Sunday, September 12, 2010

Not all of my ideas are very good....ha ha

I decided with family coming in November - I should perhaps make the house a little nicer. It all started with staring at the horrid texture in the kitchen (and its not only in there - joy!) and thinking - this will not due any longer. So out came the scraper and I proceeded to take off the texture. This stuff was so dirty and old - I could taste it in the air. It was absolutely disgusting, plus getting hit in the face with plaster chunks hurts! Not to mention the agony of getting it in your eyes. By the time I was done, I had customized my safety goggles by taping them to my head to keep that plaster out. The front curtains were open and I did not even care if people saw me - it was not awful. My arms are killing me - I considering amputation at them very moment. lol
So, lets start the pictures shall we?
In the beginning there was this:





So this is what it looked like, then there came the scraping:


With scraping - there is a mess!

And there is aggression:

Now - you may be asking, Carolyn, what is this bad idea you had - I mean yeah it looks like a messy very non-fun job, but how can fixing your house up be bad?? Glad you asked - here is the bad idea! Its called, I just want a cheap can of paint so I will get this mistint and it will be fine... .... no, not fine. ha ha

It is in my opinion - worse!


In the morning, I tried to convince myself that I loved it - but I just couldn't do it. So - while my living room looks like this:

yikes!

I got to painting the basement bathroom color in the kitchen - it looks much better!

Well, maybe it looks the same like it did when I just took off the texture?? I still prefer it!


Now to clean up the mess, the whole house is covered in plaster dust and it is killing my throat.

Here is Lu with his bad ear - he thought the paint brush was food which is why he is so excited:


And here are the kids all having a chillax while I paint the last coat.



While this fun project was going on, the hubby was finding a new issue with the garage - but that is another story for another post some other day!
Thank you for stopping by!
Cheers,
Carolyn

4 comments:

  1. I am with you on the texture and the blue walls. It looks much better now. I am sore just reading all this. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks much better. Job well done! Hopefully you got all your aggressions out. You are a real do-it-yourselfer. We are too, but I am a lot slower than I used to be...oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a disaster you conquered! I enjoy your blog, and wanted to say thanks. You've been selected for a Sunshine Blogger award. Go to this post to learn more.
    http://theconfusedquilter.blogspot.com/2010/09/some-sunshine-and-bit-of-mess.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. BRAVO! You have done a great job. It is SO MUCH better! Good job realizing that blue also needed to go and doing more work to make it nice. I like the lighter color too.

    ReplyDelete