Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cutting it up!

I finally got to cutting some fabric for my quilting retreat on the weekend. Although my stash of fabric is still overwhelming, I found it not so bad when I piled it into one pile.

I was able to get the stencil done for the top section of my Bird On A Wire Quilt.

Here is how the quilt looks now. Jada is inspecting the stitches.

And I made some cookies ... ... well, I made some burnt and some edible cookies! I set the timer on our microwave as the stove is from 1948 and it does not even have a timer. The timer did not go off!! So I got cutting away and my first set of cookies were overdone. So sad, but I think dunked into builders tea will make them delicious again! (Builders Tea is something my hubby really enjoys, its a plain tea like Earl Grey with lots of cream and sugar - I love England!)

1 comment:

  1. This quilt is looking very interesting. Can't wait to see how it turns out.