Saturday, October 29, 2011

Finished Flower

I finished that flower I started in the Thread Play class. Now that it is done, I know how I should have done it - but I feel this is a good sample for me to use as reference on how to do better for next time.
Here is the finished flower:

 Next time, I will use the dark burgundy on the side petals, and have more blending throughout. NEXT TIME. HA HA.
I dislike the way I did the highlighting on the middle petal, but after unpicking it once already, I was not doing it again. 
Do you have any suggestions on how I can do this better? I would love your thoughts and suggestions.
Cheers,
Carolyn 

4 comments:

  1. That is incredible, Carolyn, how do you do that? I guess you may have talked about it in a previous post, but I guess I missed it! LOL It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I think is looks amazing just as it is. When I saw the picture, I thought it was embroidered. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did an amazing job on it and I think you are a little too critical of yourself for your first project!!!! It is stunning.

    ReplyDelete