Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm back!! But I wish I was still in Mexico.

3 days of sun was not enough! But I am happy to be back to see my fuzzy butts (my nickname for the cats and dog) and to get back to sewing my Christmas projects! I actually have not sat down at the machine yet, but I had to tell you all about what I was up to!!
I, yes me, went Kite boarding!! The girl whom refuses to do any sports, did an extreme one. I know you do not believe me, so here are the pictures to prove I can do more then sew an interesting quilt.
This is me with the fabulous helmet - with instructor Alfonso

The kite would pull me off  into the water so the handle on the back was well used!





As you could see from Alfonso's shirt, the company we went out with is called Morph. They have a site if you want to check out what it looks like to actually get out of the water on the board. ha ha. You can check it out here. They have their own blog as well, you can check it out here. The trainer that Mr. Hunter had took some pics and they might even be posted. He was not spoiled like me, he didn't have someone help put his board on, or fold the kite. I think it was just so obvious that I have no physical skills that they took pity on me.
It was a blast - but now its back to the sewing machine!!
Cheers,
Carolyn

4 comments:

  1. The water and sand look so beautiful and warm. I don't know that I would have tried kiteboarding but good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are so daring! it looks like you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete