Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Natures Garland

It is snowing like crazy here. You cannot tell by my picture, but it is really coming down. I cannot see out of the office windows.
On my way to find food (I forgot my lunch) I found Mother Natures Garland. Check it out:
Can you see the perfect swags from the freezing snow on the pedway windows? I thought they were lovely.

I started an ereader cover last night and I would have completed it, but my mommy called so I was tied up on the phone for a couple of hours. She never used to call me, but now that my parents are separated and she is happy, she calls me at least once a month which I love. I know some of you may be going, What?? You only talk to your mom once a month, but its just how my family is. None of us talk, its always been that way.
Tonight I will finish this cover and post you the pics. I designed the pattern in yesterdays early morning sleep. You know that time when its almost time to get up for work, but the alarm has not gone off yet, or you pressed snooze. You want to sleep, but your brain wants to think up stuff?? Well, I come up with most of my ideas at this time. I have taken pics along the way so if any of you are wanting to make one you can use the steps I came up with.
Cheers,
Carolyn

5 comments:

  1. How beautiful Mother Nature made your travels today. My family is much like yours as far as the talking - and it's the way we like it!
    I look forward to seeing your ereader cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo. I love snow/rain/slush! Keep up the good work - you'll be done with your holiday list in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really cold there. We got snow again today for the second time in a couple of weeks. That's completely unheard of around here. I'm glad you had a good talk with your mom. Every family is different. I talk with both of my parents almost every day which a lot of people think is weird. But whatever works for each of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the nature garland is just beautiful. I cannot imagine talking to my mother once a month. I cannot talk for more than 10 minutes either, so kudos to you.

    I think of a lot of things too, but I forget them the minute I wake up. Lucky you for being able to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Picture! That is so cool. Since I don't live in a area that gets that cold, I've never seen anything like that! Oh and your bookcover you made is adorable. Great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete