Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friday night sew-in - did you sew last night?

I was a busy little bee last night, not only did I get more sewing done, I finally used all the packages of dye I convinced Mr. Hunter to buy me to dye my jeans back to their original dark wash. Plus I re-dyed with the remainder of the jean colors and a few boxes of red - my wedding dress. If you didn't see what I originally did to it and want to check it out, click here
Here are my now beautiful jeans, they look brand new:
 And here is the dress, I really want it to be a rich plum color, but alas - its Polyester so I do not know if I can make it happen. If any of you have any suggestions, please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my friends! I managed to get it a little darker - before I only had achieved a very pale pink.
 The lace work is very close to the color I want. If only the rest of the dress would take the same.
 And last but not least - I worked more on my table runner pattern. These little rubber fingers have become my finger savers. It is so dry here that the back of the needle was poking into my fingertips. With these on my pointer and middle finger, I do not have to cry any more while I hand sew.
 Here are the sections laid out. As you can tell, I have not attached them all, but it is coming along very nicely and I am very pleased with it. 
Did you guys sign up for the Friday Night Sew-In? What did you work on?
Cheers,
Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. You were a busy girl. I got some stuff done but not quite as much as I wanted. But more then I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me to think about dying my jeans. How long will the color hold? Mine are so faded.

    I love the contrast of the lace with the fabric in your wedding gown. It is really gorgeous despite the fact that it isn't the color you want yet.

    Your solids on the plates are stunning! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete