Friday, April 8, 2011

Please quilting gods, dont let my swap partner be a perfectionist!

I was so happy with how my hot pad was turning out. Until I did my free motion quilting that is. If you just glance at it, it looks pretty good - just don't look too close.
I'll let the pictures tell the story with just a little bit of commentary:
I added the brown to the edges

Then I created the "brick" backing piece

And here is the nightmare - not so bad from a distance.

The back looks OK too

Hmm - maybe not so bad after all

Oh bother - here it is - the disaster

Dear lord - for me, I think its great - but if my swap partner is really good, then she will hate my wonky lines.
This is the first time I used variegated thread, I thought it would be fun - now I know that yes, it is fun, but only use once you can stitch pretty straight lines! 
My worst fear is that she will get it and then diss me which I know is not the end of the world, but it will make me sad - then she may through it away. How awful. So I hope she is like me and likes a little wonkiness? Maybe its my puffy week and I am just over sensitive? I showed it to Mr. Hunter yesterday and he said it was fine - but he also told me that even half a dresden circle is girly so I am second guessing this entire thing. 
Its too late to start over. She will just have to love it =)
Cheers,
Carolyn

12 comments:

  1. I think it looks great. And it is not too girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, I think it is beautiful - Hope your partner likes it too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great! You did an amazing job. I don't think it's too girly, and the back is as amazing as the front! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous!! Too bad I didn't ask for something that isn't girly....

    ReplyDelete
  5. If she doesn't like it give her my address.....she can send it to me, I think you did really well with your FMQ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think most people who join a swap totally appreciate all the time and effort that went go into a project. I personally love it and bet she will too. Carolyn you do great, and this is once again a great piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great, if your swap partner doesn't like it, tell her to send it to me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks great and I am sure she will love it. I love the backing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Swap Partner here ;-) you can't have it ;-)
    I love it. Thank you for your wonderful work - it is beautiful, and the dresden plate is not too girly ;-) Your colours are perfece.

    ReplyDelete