Sunday, April 8, 2012

Asparagus and Avocado salad

I found this recipe this morning, made it for supper and it was a hit! We ate our bowls clean so fast, I did not get a picture of how I served it - but here is a picture of this delicious salad in the mixing bowl.

I got this recipe from a website called Avocado Recipes. They have a lot of great looking recipes on there - but no pictures! Here is the recipe for your convenience - but please check out the site by clicking here.

Ingredients:

2 pounds fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
2 medium avocados, peeled, pitted, diced
1 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt and black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon minced fresh mint

Directions:

1) Bring a medium pot of water to a boil; add asparagus and cook until color just turns bright green, about 2 minutes. Rinse quickly under cold water, drain, and set aside.

2) Combine avocados and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add reserved asparagus and zest; toss gently.

3) In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegars, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir in parsley, cilantro, and mint. Pour dressing over avocado mixture; toss gently and serve.

This asparagus was perfect, I never knew how to make asparagus properly, so this recipe really is a winner for me!
If you make it, let me know how you like it.
Cheers,
Carolyn

3 comments:

  1. Yum, this looks so good. I never would have thought to put asparagus and avocados together. I've never cooked asparagus this way, I just microwave it. I'm going to give this method a try. And I'll try the recipe too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really yummy Carolyn-I am looking forward to our getting together soon. Hope you have recovered from the cold.
    Thanks for the recipe- avocados and asparagus are two of my favorite things.
    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this last night and it was delicious! I'm going to make it again tomorrow. It's going to become a favourite.

    ReplyDelete