Saturday, April 28, 2012

It's my Birthday

I feel a little deflated now that 34 is over. It was a great year though just like for some reason I suspected it would be. To celebrate the medium 3 5 (I wont say big as I do not think 35 is very old),  I am going to sew my little pink heart out, then we go for yummy East Indian food at the New Asian Village - then maybe watch a movie or two. 
Here is what I am sewing:
Its another baby quilt for my friend, this one will go to her cousin whom had a baby boy. I have to haul butt and get it done as the baby was born 4 months or so ago. I have no idea how long a baby sleeps in a crib, but I don't want to get them the quilt too late. My friend wanted another traditional style, using only blue and brown. Although her mother spoke with the recipient of the quilt and she advised she likes Winnie the Pooh, so I think I will applique a ginormous Pooh on the top. I think the applique will look great over the blocks.
Well, I better get sewing!
Cheers,
Carolyn

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 35 is a wonderful age :-) You've got lots of great years ahead before things start slowing down. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey....happy birthday. I am sure it will be a great year for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I didn't realize your birthday was so close to mine, mine is on the 30th. Although I do remember you saying you are a Taurus. Just transpose your numbers and you'll get my age - pretty funny huh. Okay here's to a great year full of fun for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! You're still a spring chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday to you, Carolyn. Your birthday is the same day as my mother's. She turned 86 yesterday. So compared to her you are just a little kidlet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I hope this year is another good one for you.

    ReplyDelete