Friday, August 5, 2011

Filling my time

Still no machine - so I have ventured out and purchased this stuff:
 Crayons? Yes - Crayola Crayons are what Monica advised me she has used for her embroidery project you can see by clicking here. All of the fabric coloring was done with Crayola Crayons that she set with an iron. My goal is to figure this technique out and designing my own embroidery patterns to fill my non-sewing-machine-time.
 Here are my new hoops, and some other colorful things I could not say no to.
Here is a peak at the pattern I am making. It is paper foundation piecing with some needle turning applique. It creates a round table runner. I think it is awesome - but another "punishing" project. I don't know why I make things so hard on myself. ha ha, but the English paper piecing in my last pattern and now this paper foundation piecing - it just looks so good!
What do you like to do crafty wise when not on your sewing machines?
Cheers,
Carolyn

4 comments:

  1. I think there are projects that we need to do BECAUSE they are so challenging. It is going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paper piecing project looks a little scary , but I can't wait to see it. I really like the houses on it, but there sure are a lot of pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I colored on fabric and turned it into a wall hanging... see post on 3/31/11 for link to easy directions and post on 4/3/11 for good look at project...It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My machine is in the shop again. I will be working on my hexies and Dresden Plates. I have used crayola crayons lots of times. When I was still teaching I had my class colour pictures which I then turned into tote bags. They turned out really great!

    ReplyDelete