I finally used one of those inspiration leafs to make this really cool sewn leaf using the Sulky Solvy.
Here is the progress in photos:
I used all my little scraps to make this 3 1/2 x 7" square - its about 6 layers thick of Solvy. I drew the lines with a regular perminate marker using the leaf I picked as the inspiration. Then I went around the outside three - four times.
Then I started to "draw" the vanes of the leaf - making sure to stitch right up and onto the outer lines. This is extremely important. If you do not stitch onto the edges and connect all the parts - when you wash out the Solvy, it will not hold but fall apart.
I added a darker color over the light color add a little of depth. And then when I felt I was done, I cut away the extra Solvy to keep for a later time. Then I soaked and gently massaged the Solvy out. Then I got tired of being gentle and patient - grabbed the little hand scrub brush and got that stuff out of there!
I took this picture when it was still wet - there is more of a difference in the colors.
Here is the back - I had the same color in the bobbin thread for the entire project and it was a slightly bluer shade of dark green.