Friday, April 26, 2013

Wonderful Surprise

I made last weekend at the quilting retreat that I showed images for on Wednesday, a thread play demo of a tulip. I showed the project to Mr. Hunter and look what he surprised me with the other day!

Here are my beautiful flowers with my thread play demo - perfect match!!
Here is a picture of the demo I made for the reverse applique with fancy stitching:
It looks better in real life, the colors are much more vibrant, but it still looks pretty neat I think. I think it would make a cool bag or pillow. What do you think?
Cheers,
Carolyn

3 comments:

  1. All gorgeous Carolyn- I am sure that the retreats were great fun and that the ladies loved your work and your teaching.
    I think that your reverse applique would look great as a bag.
    Love those spring tulips- Well done Mr. Hunter!
    Hugs to you my friend,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are so pretty and the bag/pillow is amazing! Wandering and fun. The colors are lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Carolyn,
    Are you still interested in taking in the quilt show on June 8&9. I am writing report cards right now but I am sure I can take some time one day or the other. I made good progress last weekend and will work one of the two days on the report cards.
    Let me know what you think.. Hope all is well,
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete