Friday, September 23, 2011

Butchart Gardens, Victoria, BC

We managed to get to Vancouver Island which is where Victoria is and the Butchart Gardens. The gardens were developed by Mrs. Butchart and her husband on what was an old limestone quarry. This was around 1910 I think - I cannot remember now, but it was a very long time ago. When we got there, we had just beat the tour buses in, we walked peacefully for about 20 minutes - then we looked back and there were bus loads full of Japanese tourists. They were so cute, all the ladies wore hats and gloves, some had carousels to shade themselves. They took a picture of Mr. Hunter and I! It was the funniest thing. We took a picture of a group of them at their request and then later down the path I thought the one gal was asking if I wanted a picture of us together, so I started to hand her my camera and then she lightly pushed me together with Mr. Hunter and took out picture with their camera! It was so funny. When we were leaving, Mr Hunter asked to have my picture taken with them and they were really excited to let me stand with them - although I have to crouch down to not be taller then all of them. They made the gardens super fun, just watching them gave me joy. I love people watching and I loved their beautiful outfits.
Here are some pics for your enjoyment:




Cheers,
Carolyn

1 comment:

  1. Lovely gardens. I've wanted to go there for years. Lucky you. And now I know that I'll need to bring my floppy hat so that I'll fit right in! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete