Saturday, July 21, 2012

More Art in Edmonton

The missing panel has been returned! Yeah!! I am happy to report all of the story panels were up and looking marvelous on my way home from work on Friday.

Here are pictures of the other two installations. While I was looking at them, I saw these large square podiums for each were set up - so not spontaneous art - but planned. None the less, super cool! 
As you can see on this write up - someone has "added" to the installation. 

By adding I mean ruined. I wish I had stopped in the morning on Friday as I am pretty sure the extra chair, branches and garbage were not there. 

You can see someone shoved the branches right through the tent. Very heart breaking! It does make it look more authentic. Trust me - on the other side of that fabulous graffiti wall I ride past every day is two full on tarp homes. Every single morning the city has come out and pick up all of their garbage - I see them every morning with their little garbage grabbers, they have not torn down the tarp houses though. The tenters never bother anyone that I can tell. But they litter a lot and well - they do their business there - there "business", like one and two. GROSS. But if you gotta go, you gotta go! 

There are more installations all over downtown. Hopefully the weather is nice on Sunday and I can try to find them.

Here is the map they provided on the podium. Not too sure what the orange stars are for. Wish me luck in finding them all.

Cheers,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment