Monday, March 14, 2011

Working on a star

I have never made a wonky star before - In fact, I have never made a star block! Tiffany from Pink Sweet Treats provided me with some excellent resources for making such great blocks! We are both members of the Let's Bee Together club.
One of the links that she gave that has a fantastic and easy to understand tutorial on how to make a wonky star. This is on the Silly BooDilly blog!
Hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I. I must share with you as well this beautiful star the Cheryl made from Quilt n Read  She was my swap partner for my Mug Rug Swap. All the way over in Australia. I am praying she got her mug rugs. She still had not gotten them as of last week. I mailed them on February 2nd! I am in Canada though - but holy moly, that was air mail too.
Here is her star (sorry Cheryl - borrowed your picture for inspiration!) Didn't she do an amazing job? I just love it. She also has a pet Kangaroo! If you have not seen her blog, you should check it out. Hopefully we will see her get my squishy package! Gawd, I will cry if it does not get there soon - then I will remake and send then FedEx or something just to make sure they get there.
Here is what I sent her.
Cheers,
Carolyn
PS if you have not entered my give away post - there is still time to enter to win! Click here to get your name in, and don't forget there are 5 chances to enter so take advantage of the different ways to get your name in =)
Don't want to wait to see if you can win the pattern? You can purchase it for a little 5 dollar bill @ Etsy.

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe you haven't made a star block! I guess, for me, because I love them, I have made them :D

    I'm glad to show you some new things. Always good to share! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never made a star block before Tiffany asked for one for the block swap. Now I like them...I think. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canadian mail sucks big time. I mailed a letter out of Whitehorse to Airdrie, Alberta and it took 14 days to get there. When I questioned this at the post office they just shrugged - no big deal. I've had things be really slow going to Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mug rugs. Love that Canadian one, very artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to look twice at the star because you have done something totally different with it. So cool!

    ReplyDelete