Friday, March 25, 2011

My star block for Let's Bee Together

Its been a rough go trying to get things done, but I finally have completed my star block for the Let's Bee Together group. For reasons which I will show you in tomorrows post - its been hard to get to the sewing machine and keep my fabric clean/dust free.
I was done my star actually a couple of days ago, but I just could not leave it alone. I had it in my head that I really wanted to do something with kites. Why? I dunno, I think its the individual shapes that make up the star, they reminded me of my childhood.
Here is just the star:
 Here is the making of my "kite"
 And the final product:
 Close up of my kite flier:
 A little closer shot of my "kite":
Tiffany, I hope you like your block and I am sorry it is coming to you so late!
Cheers,
Carolyn

10 comments:

  1. Ok, I LOVE how you took a block and added your self into it! This totally rocks! You can do that in August too (my month) Add yourself not necessarily a kite, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany is going to love the block! I know I sure do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love it! I love that you took so much extra time and thought and added a personal touch! What a cute little flier!! :D How talented are you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG it is amazing. You really are so talented!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness...look at you!!! That is fabulous, good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing!!! I love your embellishment of this star block!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! Good job! and so out of the box creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the kite block! You did a fantastic job on it.

    ReplyDelete